Coffee needs to be understood and studied to be able to create a memorable culinary experience. We are proud to say that our team is one of the few in Alicante that has experienced baristas. Our knowledge and experience allows us to prepare an excellent caffeinated drink, so that you can truly enjoy the best coffee in Alicante. We use a local roaster with high quality single origin and blends. Our iced coffee uses Cold Brew. Go ahead and personalize your coffee the way you love it: swap for soy, add extra shots, etc. Click the pictures to read more.
Keep hot and stay cool
Kickstart your day with quality delicious hot or iced drinks drinks made by professionals. Feel free to personalize your drink just the way you like it: swap for soy or almond milk, pick your favourite flavour, etc. If you are eco-friendly like we are, you'll love our organic teas . Click on the images below for details.
Enjoy Nature's Best
Enjoy our healthy and delicious juices, made with natural fruits freshly squeezed and mixed on the spot. Click on the images for details.
Chill out and relax
Our delicious blended drinks are prepared with high quality ingredients. Feel free to personalize your drink and choose your favourite flavour combinations. Click on the images below to discover more details.
Make it your own
At Canada Coffee we encourage you to personalize your drink and make the most of your experience.
You can substitute whole milk with skimmed milk, soy or almond milk.
For tea you can pick your favourite organic tea.
Discover your favourite flavour: Maple Spice, Hazelnut, Caramel, Cinnamon, Raspberry, Strawberry, Coconut, Macadamia Nut, Vanilla, Sugar-Free Vanilla. For your smoothie you can pick one or two fruits: strawberry, banana, mango, passion fruit and/or raspberry. For your green smoothie you can swap the apple juice for almond milk or soy, as well as add protein or oats. The frappes can be prepared in any of the available flavours, with or without coffee. For your frappe you can choose to remove whipped cream.
All our hot drinks are available in Small (235ml/8oz), Regular (335ml/12oz) or Grande (445ml/16oz), while the iced drinks are availabe in Regular or Grande.
Add coffee to any frappe. Pick the amount: regular, medium, strong, extra strong, or decaf.
You can choose to remove or add whipped cream, add Baileys, add ice to hot drinks, or have them less hot (room temperature for example), add extra flavour pumps, etc.
Did you know?...
Here are some fun facts about Coffee.
• Coffee trees grow 9 meters tall. The bright red coffee berries are picked and dried untill only a green bean is left. Once shipped, they are roasted at 260C and double in size in a few minutes.
• It takes about ten minutes to start feeling the effects of caffeine after you take a sip of coffee.
• Arabica is drank by 70% of the population. Robusta has 50% more caffeine contents.
• Brazil is the largest coffee source, and produces both Arabica and Robusta variety.
• Coffee, together with water and tea are the most drank beverages in the world.
• Roughly 100 beans make one cup of coffee.
• Did you know that there are many factors that influence a good coffee drink? Beans freshness, storage and humidity, grinding process, pressure, coffee dosage, water quality and temperature, extraction time, equipment cleanliness, pitcher temperature, size and shape, milk temperature, steaming technique, serving time, ingredients order, pouring technique, presentation, etc. Canada Coffee works with experienced baristas, tasked with fine tuning all these factors to produce the best coffee in Alicante.
• The Italian term "barista" defines a person highly specialized in the preparation of coffee. To be a great barista there is a lot of theoretical and practical experience needed.
• Coffee can be also brewed without hot water. It's a longer process but it respects the natural flavor of the bean. In cold brewed coffee all acids and oils are preserved, and tastes sweeter and less bitter.
• Mocha refers to a beverage that combines chocolate and coffee. At Canada Coffee we offer Hot Mocha (with espresso shots), Iced Mocha (with cold brewed Arabica), and Mocha Frappe. Most popular flavours added to Mocha are Macadamia, Hazelnut, Mint, and Chocolate Cookie.
• Mocha is a sea port where trades of coffee took place. The Dutch brought coffee out of Mocha and introduced it to the rest of the world.
• White Mocha is also known as tuxedo mocha or zebra mocha.
• Cappuccino originates from Italy, where it is traditionally consumed with breakfast. In Italian "cappuccio" means hood, and refers to the deep layer of microfoamed milk sitting on top of the coffee.
• The term "macchiato" means stained. In a Caramel Macchiato or a Latte Macchiato the milk is poured first, stained by the coffee added afterwards.
Here are some fun facts about Tea.
• There are about 1500 kinds of tea, derived from a few varieties: white, yellow, oolong, green, black and post-fermented tea leaves. The most popular is black tea, 75% of the world drinks it.
• The taste of tea depends on the temperature and taste of water, and the time they took to brew.
• Next to water, tea is the second most consumed drink in the world.
• Besides for a healthy drink, tea helps heal cuts, remove odors, and also can be a great fertilizers and floor cleaner.
• Over 3 million tons of tea is produced every year worldwide. China and India are the biggest producers of tea.
• Green tea is the most healthy, with Matcha being the healthiest. Instead of extracting it like regular teas, the Matcha plant is fine grounded and consumed, hence it's 10x richer in antioxidants, fiber and other nutrients.
• Cold brewing iced tea is the process of extraction that does not use hot water. It takes a longer time, but all nutritious components are retained: flavors, tannins, proteins, etc. The cold brewed iced tea is rich in vitamin C (150-300mg per 100g of tea leaves), B, E and K.
• Organic tea is free from preservatives, chemical additives or artificial flavors. The many minerals, vitamins and antioxidants provide numerous health benefits. These teas are environmentally friendly, totally free of pesticides, insecticides, herbicides and fungicides. They usually originate from certified controlled organic farming and fair trade.
• By the mid 1600s tea was getting popular in Europe, and the Dutch were taking their tea with milk.
• Although tea has a history of 5000 years, iced tea has only been used in the past 200 years, since the invention of producing ice.
Here are some fun facts about Chocolate.
• The first chocolate beverage is believed to have been created by the Mayan peoples 2000 years ago.
• The Mayan "xocolatl" refers to a ritual beverage of the Yucatan area, and is translated as "bitter water".
• Cacao beans were so valuable to the Aztecs and the Maya’s that they were used as currency.
• A cocoa tree produces yearly about 2000 pods, each encasing 30-40 seeds. Fermentation changes their bitter taste into sweet.
• Dark chocolate contains more cacao so it is considered healthier than other chocolates.
• Chocolate contains phenylethylamine which triggers the same reaction that is produced when you fall in love.
• Chocolate is a valuable energy source. A single chocolate chip can provide enough energy for an adult to walk 50m.
• White chocolate is based on cocoa butter from the cacao plant, first produced in Switzerland in the 1930s.
• In the 1700s chocolate milk was sold in England as medicine!
Here are some fun facts about Blended Drinks.
• The first smoothies were made in the 1930s, as soon as the blenders were invented, but only became popular 30 years later.
• Carbonated slushies are known as "Slush Puppies".
• The word "frappe" originates from the French word meaning shaken or stirred.
• Frappe was invented accidentally in Greece in the late 1950s and is now the most popular coffee among Greek youth and tourists.
Here are some fun facts about other drinks.
• Lemonade was known 1500 years ago in Egypt as "qatarmizat", a mix between lemon juice and sugar.
• The first nations peoples of North America made their pink lemonade with berries and maple sugar.
• Lemons were brought from India to ancient Greece, they quickly spread across the Mediterranean, and Columbus brought them to Central America.
• Milk is unique because no other beverage in the world contains as many natural nutrients.
• "Coca Cola" is the second most widely understood term in the world, after "OK".